In this module you will be taught how to work and apply safe work practices and procedures in your day to day duties working as an electrical learner in the electrical environment
Key and critical concepts which you will learn:
- Familiarise with the general safe work practices to be observed in the work place.
- Recall the unsafe acts and unsafe conditions that can lead to accidents in the work place. Explain the role of good housekeeping and hygiene in the prevention of accidents and injury in the work place.
- Explain the role of the correct care and use of tools and equipment in the prevention of accidents.
- Name the different types of personal protective equipment that can be used to prevent accidents and state the instances where it must be worn. Recognise the different safety signs in general use in industry.
- State the general safety precautions that electricians must take when working on electrical circuits and apparatus.
- During this process you must adhere to certain specified requirements as listed in the Module.
Tools, consumables, machinery and equipment required:
- Module book / learning material
- Booklet to make notes
- Any electrical work environment you will perform safe working procedure
- Subject matter experts
- In-company Standard Operating Procedures