In this module you will be taught how to test a three phase installation
Key and critical concepts which you will learn:
- Carry out a continuity resistance test on conductors.
- Carry out a cable ratings test.
- Carry out a switch gear ratings test.
- Carry out an insulation resistance test between conductors.
- Carry out an insulation resistance test between conductors and earth.
- Carry out an earth leakage relay test.
- Carry out an earth continuity resistance test.
- Carry out a mechanical test.
- Comply with requirements of the hazard identification and control (HIAC) form.
Tools, consumables, machinery and equipment required:
- A Fully wired three phase installation
- Testing instruments – Insulation resistance tester, multimeter, earth leakage tester
- SANS 10142-1 code of practice
- A prescribed form for recording of readings
- The three phase installation can be used wherever you need to supply a load and which must be protected with switchgear, circuit breakers overloads etc.