In this module you will be taught how to connect a single phase motor to a rotary switch so that the motor can run on forward direction and be changed to reverse direction
Key and critical concepts which you will learn:
- Draw the circuit diagram of a single-phase motor connected to a rotary switch
- Test the rotary switch for correct operation.
- Correctly wire the motor and rotary switch to the power supply.
Tools, consumables, machinery and equipment required:
- Panel with Main breaker, rotary switch, connecting wires
- Wire stripper, side cutter, tube spanner no 10, round plier
- Circuit diagram
- Single phase motor
- These motors can be used on woodworking machines, high pressure water pumps, vacuum pumps, lawnmowers, swimming pools ….
- Subject matter experts
- In-company Standard Operating Procedures