You will be learning towards the outcome “Lift and move a load”. Whilst learning towards the outcome, you will be familiarising yourself with the lifting and moving of loads by applying the correct use of chain blocks, overhead beams, rollers and jacks. The load will also be lifted over a pipe column using two chain blocks.
Key and critical concepts which you will learn:
On completion of this module, the trainee must be able to:
- Lift and move loads of up to 5 tons safely and effectively.
- Lift and move loads with chain blocks and an overhead beam over a pipe column.
- Move a load using crowbars and rollers.
- Lift and move a load using jacks
- All safety procedures must be adhered to.
Machines and equipment must be handled and lifted correctly in order to avoid damage and to prevent accidents. Loads are lifted and moved with various types of lifting equipment and lifting tackle.
Tools, consumables, machinery and equipment required:
- Overhead beam
- Hand Chain Blocks
- Hand Operator Tirfor
- Wire Rope Clamps
- Corner protection/padding
- Timber supports
- Tag lines
- Module CCD.
- Module ST
- Module LM-1