You will be taught on how to design, wire and commission an Oscillating Motor starter
Key and critical concepts which you will learn:
- Draw circuit diagrams for the main and control circuits, with two stop / start stations, for a three-phase Oscillating motor starter installation.
- Wire an Oscillating Motor starter and connect it to a motor, according to the given wiring diagram.
- Test the circuit and test-run the installation.
Tools, consumables, machinery and equipment required:
- Module book / learning material
- Pen/ pencil
- Booklet to make notes
- Main breaker, 2 contactors, 1 overload, control breaker, emergency, 2stops, 2starts, lamp, 3 phase induction motor, connecting wires, emergency stop, voltmeter and ammeter, 2 Limit switches
- Wire stripper, side cutter, tube spanner no 10, round nose plier
- Circuit diagram
- Safety glasses
- Measuring instrument – multimeter
An Oscillating Motor starter control system is often used when it’s necessary to reverse the direction of rotation of a motor automatically e.g. in lifts, overhead cranes and machines.