In this module will be taught on how to test a low tension cable this will give you more specific and procedures to follow when testing a cable in any electrical environment
Key and critical concepts which you will learn:
You will be learning towards the outcome:
- Use an insulation resistance tester correctly to conduct the appropriate test on a cable.
- Correctly record test results and come to the correct conclusion as to the condition of a cable.
- Apply the safety procedures associated with cable testing.
Tools, consumables, machinery and equipment required:
- Insulation resistance tester
- Cable clips to bridge when doing continuity resistance test
- Paper, pen to write the findings
- Lockout procedure
- Electrical reticulation systems
- In-company Standard Operating Procedures
- Subject matter experts
- SANS 10142