- To enable you to remove and mount bearings that are fitted with adapter sleeves.
On completion of this module, you must be able to:
- Remove adapter bearings from a shaft assembly in the correct way.
- Clean and inspect the bearings for serviceability.
- Remount the bearings on to the shaft and the shaft into the shaft assembly.
- Demonstration by a competent person e.g. a training officer.
- Audio-visual aids.
Assessment and Evaluation Criteria:
- A practical test will be set at the end of the module and must be completed without using references other than bearing clearance charts.
The following standards must be achieved:
- The shaft and bearing must be removed from the plumber blocks correctly and in accordance with the standards contained in Module BRR – 2.
- There must not be any damage to the bearings, adapter sleeves, shaft and the lock nuts.
- The bearings must be correctly cleaned and inspected for serviceability in accordance with the standards contained in Module BIF.
- The bearings must be replaced in the same position on the shaft that they were.
- The bearing clearances must comply with the bearing charts (tables).
- The lock nuts must be locked as described in the notes.
- The shaft and bearings must be correctly replaced in the plumber blocks as described in these notes.
All safety procedures must be adhered to.