R-1: Rivet Flat Bar Rings
Rivet the rings together which you fabricated in Module PF-2 using a pneumatic riveting machine
Key and critical concepts which you will learn
- The countersunk holes must be filled completely.
- Five of the holes must have countersunk rivets.
- The cup (round) heads must be fully formed according to the snap.
- There must not be any riveting marks on the plate surface around the rivet head.
- On both sides of the plate there must not be any clearance between the rivet head and the plate surface.
- There must not be any pit marks or oxidation corrosion marks on the rivet heads
Tools, consumables, machinery and equipment required:
Pneumatic riveting machine, rivets, flat bar, oxy-acetylene equipment, rolling machine, punch and shear machine.
Riveting may be used when steel sections or plates have to be joined permanently. Riveting is used extensively in boiler work, shipbuilding and in construction work