ER: Erect a Steel Construction
You will learn to Erect a steel construction.
Key and critical concepts which you will learn
- The construction must comply with the drawing.
- All bolts must be tightened with the correct spanner.
- All uprights must be plumb to within + 1º.
- All measurements must be within + 5mm of those on the drawing
Tools, consumables, machinery and equipment required:
- Hand tools angle iron, bolts, nuts and washers
The erection of a steel construction may consist of various lifting method which may include the use of mobile cranes, hand chain block systems and even handling of steel sections by hand. The separate steel sections are aligned with the use of tapered drifts and tommy bars and bolts and nuts are used to secure the sections in place.