Boilermaker - Phase 2
CW: Fabricate a Support Column
You will learn to fabricate a support column.
Key and critical concepts which you will learn
- All overall sizes must be within + 1,5mm of the required measurements.
- All hole centers must be within + 1mm of the required size.
- All back marks must be within + 0,5mm of those required.
- All the material profiles must be fitted and tack welded according to the specifications shown in the drawing.
- There must not be any grinding marks on the material.
- The tools and equipment must be undamaged.
- All safety precautions must be followed when doing the job.
Tools, consumables, machinery and equipment required:
- OAC, Angle iron, plate, Universal Beam, ruler or tape, center punch, hammer, pedestal drill or punch and shear machine
To mark out steel profile to fabricate support columns.