Boilermaker - Phase 2
AS-5: Lay Out a Roof Truss
You will learn to lay out a roof trust
Key and critical concepts which you will learn
- The overall sizes must be within + 3mm of the required measurements.
- The angle iron sizes must be within + 1,5mm of the required measurements.
- Pitches and back mark sizes must be within + 1mm of the required measurements.
- All the braces and cleats must be of the correct hand as shown on the drawing.
- All the angle iron ends must be squared off as shown on the drawing.
- Correctly name the 7 parts of a roof truss.
Tools, consumables, machinery and equipment required:
- Plate, chalk and chalk line, ruler, square
To identify the components of roof truss correctly and lay it out for manufacturing.