Boilermaker - Phase 2
AS-4: Fabricate an Angle Iron Bracket
You will learn to Fabricate an Angle Iron Bracket
Key and critical concepts which you will learn
- All the sizes must be within + 1,5mm of the required measurements.
- Both angles must be within + 1 of the required angle.
- The hole centers must be within + 1mm of the required pitch.
- The back marks must be within + 0,5mm of the required size on the chart.
- The completed bracket must fit onto the layout within a tolerance of +1,5mm
Tools, consumables, machinery and equipment required:
- Angle iron, combination square, chalk, tape or ruler, oxy-acetylene equipment, fuller, hammer
Learn to mark off an angle iron bracket that has a lot of uses in the industry.