OM-6: Operate a Bending Roll
You will learn to operate a bending roll correctly and safe and to roll plate or flat bar in to a cylindrical form.
Key and critical concepts which you will learn:
On completion of this module the learner must be able to:
- Name and demonstrate/explain the eight safety rules applicable to the use of a bending roll.
- Roll material into a cylindrical form with a bending roll.
- A practical test will be set at the end of the module and must be completed without using references.
- The learner will be required to roll a strip of flat bar into a complete circular form, using a bending roll.
- The following standards must be achieved:
- (a) The two ends of the flat bar must meet.
- (b) The shape must be circular (not oval).
- (c) There must not be any damage to equipment.
- All safety procedures must be adhered to.
- Note: The learner may be required to state and demonstrate/explain the eight safety rules applicable to the bending roll.
Tools, consumables, machinery and equipment required:
- Bending roll, Flat bar, cutting torch, Flatter, template, hammer.
To roll plates, flat bar and angle iron in to cylindrical forms.