AS-2: Mark Off an Angle Iron Frame
To enable the learner to mark off an angle iron frame with the toe pointing outwards.
Key and critical concepts which you will learn:
On completion of this module, the learner must be able to correctly mark off a toe-out angle iron frame from an engineering drawing.
- A practical test will be set at the end of the module and must be completed without using references.
- The learner will be given a length of angle iron and an engineering drawing of a toe-out angle iron frame and must mark it off for fabrication to the following standards:
- (a) All the sizes must be within ±1mm of the required measurements.
- (b) None of the lines drawn must be wider than 0,5mm.
- (c) All the mitre lines must be drawn from the heel.
- (d) All the angles must be within ±0,5° of the required angle.
Tools, consumables, machinery and equipment required:
- Angle iron, combination square, chalk
To fabricate an angle iron flange that is toe out. The critical sizes for a toe-out angle iron frame will be the inside measurements between the flanges, and not the outside measurements across the toes.